Tenant Insurance

Landlords only have a requirement to have Buildings Insurance, some furnished properties may have contents cover but this only covers the items listed on the inventory. This will not apply to your own personal items or belongings. We recommend that when your tenancy starts who have your own contents cover, which can also include valuable items that you take out of the property i.e. laptop, mobile phones etc. We will also ask whether you have accidental damage cover as part of your policy when you sign contracts at the start of your tenancy. If you already have contents insurance in place your provider will be able to change the policy address, although some will charge you to do this.